Student Behavior Learning Series with Amie Dean: 2023-2024
Metro RESA is offering a Student Behavior Learning Series with Amie Dean, Behavior Queen, for 2023-2024. Start the series off with Behavior Interventions That Work or select individual sessions that meet your professional learning needs. The Behavior Interventions That Work session topic will be offered four times throughout the 2023-2024 academic year. Two half-day sessions on May 7, 2024, will focus on the paraprofessional and substitute teacher audience. Learn more about Amie Dean on the Behavior Queen website.
Better Next Year Description:
The end of the school year is a great time to reflect and consider what you want to "keep" and what you want to change. This session allows you the time to reflect and plan so you can relax all summer knowing next year will be better. Teachers who begin the year by setting up systems, procedures, and routines based on the templates and resources provided in this course have reported greatly decreased incidents of behavior infractions, fewer office referrals, and more student time on task.
Behavior Interventions That Work Description:
Through teaching and coaching in classrooms with many behavioral challenges for almost 30 years, Amie knows what works to help students succeed. Amie's goals have always included helping students build confidence, explore social-emotional literacy, and develop positive habits that will help them be successful adults. The strategies shared in this course are practical, simple, and proven. Behavior Interventions that Work is Amie's most popular one-day seminar.
Correcting Problems Now- Planning the Reboot Description:
When the first few months of school have been challenging, many teachers find themselves wondering how will I make it until May? This session will provide direct support, modeling, and a step-by-step plan for improvement that will help them find success for the second half of the semester/year. Administrators and teachers have seen an improvement in teacher consistency as well as an increase in instructional minutes in classrooms after teachers have followed the Reboot Plan. Register today to take the first step in getting your classroom back on track!
8:30 AM to 3:00 PM at the Metro RESA Campus
Our office phone number is 770.432.2404 if you need any assistance.
The workshop will take place in the large auditorium at Metro RESA located at 1870 Teasley Drive SE, Smyrna, 30080. Parking is located out front, with additional parking behind the building.
- Please bring a FULLY charged laptop, as time will be given for planning using strategies learned during the session.
- The workshop will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:00 p.m.
- Lunch will be on your own from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – There are plenty of options from Marietta Square, downtown Smyrna, and the Battery (You can bring your lunch. A microwave is available.)
- Light snacks and refreshments will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle. (There are no vending machines on the property.)
- Layer up. Please bring a jacket or light sweater, as the space can be warm for some and too cool for others.
- To make the most of your experience, please bring pens, pencils, a notebook, and a charged phone + laptop.