District Coordinators and External Coaches
A PBIS District Coordinator (DC) is a district-level leader who is responsible for coordination of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support efforts in the district.
- A PBIS District Coordinator is expected to manage:
- District Leadership Team process
- Visibility/Political support in their district
- Training schedules for new and existing PBIS schools
- Development of district PBIS Coaches
- PBIS schools’ data and the evaluation process
PBIS External Coaches vary by school district. They serve as liaisons between the District Coordinator and the School PBIS Leadership Team providing them with the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure accurate, continuous, and effective PBIS implementation. Coaches also support the sustainability and expansion of current PBIS practices.