If you are not currently employed in a Georgia district, the Georgia Professional Standards Commission may tell you that you need ten Professional Learning Units (PLUs) to renew your Georgia teaching certificate. PLUs, CEUs, and college or university credit hours can satisfy that requirement, and as a regional educational service agency, we can help with that. Metro RESA's LEARNING ON DEMAND courses were designed just for YOU!
These asynchronous, online courses were designed to align with the Georgia Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES) and to enhance a participant's knowledge and skills across content areas and pedagogical topics. Each course can be completed in ten contact hours. Ten contact hours equal one Professional Learning Unit (PLU). Upon course completion, you will have access to a transcript that can be submitted to GaPSC as evidence of one PLU.
Here's how to get started:
- Visit our course catalog (look for the courses with the star next to them) to view the courses that are available to you.
- Select a course and register. You can pay for courses online with a credit or debit card.
- Once you've registered and paid for a course, you'll receive information on accessing the Blackboard Learn site so you can get started.
- When you've completed the course, you'll be able to print out a transcript showing the one professional learning unit you've earned.
- Submit your transcripts and application to GaPSC for recertification. (This must be subitted by you. Metro RESA does not submit transcripts on your behalf.)
It's THAT easy! Let us know if we can help. Happy learning!