Intervention Specialist Endorsement
Important Cohort Timeline Information
- March 2024 & April 2024 - Application Window Open
- May 2024- New Cohorts Confirmed and Candidates Notified
- July 2024 - May 2025 - Program in Session
The Intervention Specialist Endorsement at Metro RESA is a GaPSC approved preparation program that provides approved candidates with the coursework and related field experience required to add the Intervention Specialist Endorsement to a current Georgia Educator Certificate. The program is open to an educator holding a clear, renewable Georgia certificate (level 4 or higher) that meets these requirements:
Induction, Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate in:
- Elementary Education (P-5)
- Special Education General Curriculum Elementary Education (P-5)
- Middle Grades Education (with a language arts and/or mathematics area of concentration), or
- Special Education General Curriculum (with a language arts and/or mathematics concentration)
For more information, contact the Metro RESA Intervention Specialist Endorsement Coordinator, Wendy Cox.
Meet the Coordinator
Wendy Cox, Metro RESA Intervention Specialist Endorsement Coordinator
Wendy serves as the Intervention Specialist Endorsement Program Coordinator. Her background is in professional learning, teacher mentoring, instructional coaching, and school reform. During her twenty years in the Cobb County School District, she served as a teacher, academic coach, and District-Level Professional Learning Supervisor. Wendy is an adjunct instructor for Berry College in the Educational Leadership and Curriculum & Instruction graduate-level programs. She also owns Speckled Mosaic, an educational consulting company. She feels fortunate to continue working with teachers, coaches, and administrators as a consultant, professional developer, and trainer. When she isn’t busy coaching or teaching, she is enjoying time with her husband and their two sons.